Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Most Embarrassing Story

Dustin:
In 3rd grade I chose to wear that little cat costume for Halloween that was in the costume box. It wasn't until the very end of the day on the way home that I realized the tights that I wore we're quite see-through and you could see my ninja turtle underwear.

Jana:
During my first year of EFY, I was eating dinner with my group. The chairs we were sitting on had rubber on the bottoms of them, and were on top of carpet, which made it pretty difficult to scoot your chair in and out. When we were done eating, I was trying to get out of my seat, but I couldn't scoot back. So I held onto my seat and sort of hopped up with it while leaning back. My chair tipped over backwards and I hit the table behind me, knocking it partway over and making those people's trays slide off the table and onto the floor. There was food everywhere, the entire room went silent, and everyone was staring at me while I was stuck leaning backwards in my chair against this table. Thankfully a really cute boy came up and asked me if I was okay and helped me out of my chair...

Tyson:
My most embarrassing moment occurred thw summer between my junior and senior year of high school while boating with a fairly large group of friends at Deer Creek Reservoir. We were tubing with 2 tubes, having battles and seeing who could stay on the longest. Being the wire that I was I could hold on for a very long time and the boat driver had to get pretty crazy to knock me off. One round I waited until my tube bumped into the other tube and I grabbed my contestant's tube and pirate jumped to their tube and started pushing them off. Once I pried their hands off they tumbled into the water. This left me holding onto both tubes, with my body between them. I was determined to never let go but as my body was skipping across the water and the driver was trying to shake me something happened. I'm not sure whether the bumps somehow untied my shorts or the force of the water just ripped my shorts off but either way, there I was, skipping naked across the water stretched out between 2 tubes. It only took me a couple seconds to realize that something was missing so I let go. We never found my swimsuit, but Mary did throw me some ugly red pants that she had made in sewing class so I could at least cover up. It was pretty funny and totally hilarious! Mary never wanted her pants back after that.

Skyler:
One of my most embarrassing days was in 6th grade. I had diarrhea that day and had already gone to the bathroom a couple times before lunch. I had to go again about 15 minutes before lunch, but I was scared to ask the teacher to go for a third time, so I decided I could just wait it out. It got pretty bad, but the bell finally rang and I zipped out to the bathroom. I got to the stall and everything, but it took me too long to undo my belt and everything and I lost it all literally right in front of the toilet. It got all over my shoes and everything, so I tried to hide them behind the toilet and clean everything off the floor. But there was no way I was going to be able to go out, so I ended up just crouching on top of the toilet so nobody could see I was there. A few kids ended up seeing my shoes behind the toilet and started laughing and I'm pretty sure if I wasn't already crying by that point, I started balling then. Finally someone figured out I was barricaded in the bathroom and had the office come check on me. They called mom, she brought me some extra shorts and I just went home for the day. It was terrible.

Trinsica:
My embarrassing moment was when I was in 4th grade. I was gossiping about one of my friends. All my friends made a weird face and left the table. To my embarrassment, the girl i had been gossiping about was sitting right next to me. I say next to get in class after that and it was so awkward. I'm sure she hated me.... 😳

Mom:
Embarrassing moment #1  I was assigned to hostess BYU sports for Education Week.  As a hostess, you have to make sure everyone who enters the class has a ticket or they don't come in.  They are supposed to wear the ticket on a lanyard. I had just finished one class and the people were coming in for the next one.  I was checking the lanyards and this gentleman started to come in the class without one.  I stopped him and told him he needed a ticket or I couldn't let him in.  He said "I believe I am the next speaker".  I asked "Who are you?".  He looked at me like "are you for real"? and then said "I am Lavell Edwards"!  Then he laughed and I let him in.  Then when the class started he began by saying "the hostess just about didn't let me in because she didn't know who I was! Would you come bring me a drink of water so they all can see who you are?"  He had a big grin on his face which was something he was not known for so I gave them all a good laugh. 

Embarrassing moment #2  When I was a Sr. in High School, my boyfriend was in college and he was a great dancer and very strong a 2 time state champ wrestler and he was 6'3".  He came home on the week ends and we went to the Stake dances together. He could do all kinds of crazy dance moves with me so at the beginning of each dance we would be the first couple on the floor and it was kind of like a floor show with just us out there for the first couple of dances.  One night I wore my very cool red satin disco wrap around skirt that had short ruffles down the side where it wrapped and around the bottom.  It looked great while dancing.  I usually tied the bow in a double knot so it would stay tied.  This particular night as we were dancing our floor show, he did the dance move where you twirl the girl away from you and then bring her back in.  Well in the process of twirling me out, he accidentally grabbed the end of my tie on my skirt and I twirled right out of my skirt until it was on the floor!  We both grabbed for skirt and wrapped it back on me as we ran off the dance floor! 

Embarrassing moment #3 I  While working on the wagon train during the summer the only way to get clean was to go skinny dipping in the cold mountain creek and wash our hair and bodies.  One sunny summer day the other camp cook, Patty Hardesty and myself rode the horses up to a creek to take a bath.  We laid our clothes on the creek bank and proceeded to bath in the very cold water, gasping and screaming as we did so.  As we were just about finished, we heard a helicopter coming nearby so we hid under the bridge that we were near.  The chopper was some forest service people and spotting our clothes on the creek bank, they decided to have some fun.  They came really close and hovered right over the creek so they could see us under the bridge and they stayed there for several minutes just laughing.  Finally they flew away and we were able to haul our numb bodies out of the fridgid water and get dressed.  Those naughty boys!

Travis:
Tyson and I were selling for apx in Buffalo, NY and myself and a few other geniuses decided it would be a good idea to skinny dip after hours in the community pool. Apparently we were being a little too loud so someone called the cops... They flipped on their spotlights and I scrambled out of the pool looking for my shorts with 2 cops getting a free show. They threatened to write is up for indecent exposure, luckily we were salesmen and weaseled out of it somehow. So... Yeah.

Amber:
So I didn't think I had any embarrassing moments.. that I could remember... I am well aware that I get embarrassed often I just couldn't think of any. But today I have been reminded about a few I could share. So at our wedding lunch my friends shared about how we went to Dennys for breakfast and I was so excited because we were finally seniors so we could get a discount now ha ha to bad a sr in high school didn't count :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment