Sunday, September 11, 2016

Family Memories

Landon: 
One of my favorite family memories is when we played Bumpkins at palacade lake. The game that Travis started where we all go out onto the floating dock and start at the four corners. Then you begin by saying "BUMPKINS UNITE!!!" and you run at eachother facing backwards and play king of the hill but the rules are no hands no legs. Only back end against back end. Last man standing wins!!!

Skyler:
One fun family memory was on Annabelle's first birthday when we all started playing on the park and then decided it would be fun to jump from rooftop to rooftop and eventually were all jumping simultaneously in a circle. And when that wasn't enough, we even had Landon run and do a backflip off of the tube so all four of us were in the air at the same time.
Photo

Trinsica:

My story is when Landon, Ben and I were on our way from school. We were at the rented house while our house was being fixed from the flood. We saw a kitten that had a wound on its side. We wanted to help it, so we went into the forest that was located on the side of the house. As we were going through the forest searching for the kitty. Ben (who was in front) let out a yell. Landon made fun of him for over exaggerating. Soon enough both of them were screaming! I was still getting down from the road when both of them came running back toward me and the road. As they sprinted down the road, they ripped of their shirts, screaming in pain. I ran after them desperate to find out what was wrong. I looked to my left only to find an old man sitting outside on his porch laughing at the sight. 😂
 😂
 
😂
 
 That was my favorite story
I later found out that they both stepped in a yellow jacket nest and abs had been bitten several times

Travis:
Mine were the night hikes we did up Y mountain and Timp... Also playing with our RC cars in Park City parking garage is my new favorite...
I was in the basement room at the suncrest house and Tyson needed to use my computer just as I was going to bed. Enya was playing and it was a little loud so I asked him to turn it down... Just then, the song said "turn it up, turn it up, turn it up up up!" We both looked at each other and busted up laughing!

Dustin:
I enjoy our random, impromptu activities. Info particular, kitchen jam sessions.

Dad:
Here is an early hunting story of mine. When I was about 7, I went with the neighbor boys shooting birds with BB and pellet guns (no one told me I would shoot my eye out). This trip was with older boys. I did not know at the time but his gun had a hair trigger (touchy and would fire with just a touch). I was careful to stay behind him and follow the safety rules, but the bird he was trying to shoot flew behind him and he turned and the gun went off and shot me right through the arm. I guess the blood was squirting quite bad. I fainted and they had to carry me home and hold my arm where it was shot. I woke in the hospital and they told me what happened. I had a few stitches when it went in and where it went out (good thing it did not hit a bone, but it hit a large blood vessel). You just never know what the other guy is going to do… no matter how careful you are.

Tyson:

When I was in 4th or 5th grade I found exciting ways to con Dustin into helping me with my paper route. When it snowed it was easy; I would load all of the papers into a sled and Dustin would sit on there and hold them all on white I pulled the sled through the snow to each doorstep. Towards The end of the route when there was enough room I would get in the sled with Dustin and we would use or hands to paddle through the snow like a rowboat. This method of paper delivery did not save any time or energy but mixing things up and making a game out of it was sometimes necessary!

Mom:

As you all know, I love to play games. My favorite game story is when we were playing "Catch Phrase". We were at Dustin and Jana's home and her parents were there visiting. It was Landon's turn and he begins describing his word. .."it's how you check to see if the baby's diaper is full and poopy" (or something to that effect). We had no idea what the word was. Time ran out and he told us the word was "dipstick"! Obviously he had not checked the oil on a car before, or been around babies enough to know the only thing you check a diaper with is a nose and a finger in the back only to pull the diaper away only enough to see if they are really poopy. I've never laughed so hard. The next word was described as "they come in different sizes, "A, C,D" we guessed "bra" then everyone lost it again. The word was "batteries". A very memorable game.
Another one is when Travis started the Tolman baby balance on the hand trick with Trinsica. Along with that he would put the little child, not always Trinsica in a little duffle bag and zip them up until only their head was sticking out. Then he would give them a ride by swinging them around and up and down like a crazy roller coaster ride. Also I remember the Tolman tower when all the children would climb on Travis' back from oldest to youngest. I think we had as many as five siblings on his back. I always think of the song "He ain't heavy, he's my brother", when they all piled on. I'm so grateful for the love you all have for one another. I'm so blessed to be your Mom.

One more thought from me. I don't recall how it came about, maybe if you boys remember toy can help me out, but some how Travis said something like "what's a heinous?" I right he was being a smarty pants and said "That's a body part and you know it!"





No comments:

Post a Comment